Essential Facts About Census 2020
- By Census Day, April 1, 2020, households will be invited to participate in the 2020 Census, with options for responding. You can be counted by mail, online or phone. If you don’t have access to the internet in your home, you can use the computer in your public library.
- You don’t have to speak English to participate in the 2020 Census.
- Cook County will make a serious effort to reach out to underserved communities, proactively involving community organizations, elected officials, public libraries and community colleges. We will have secured the services of the William Everett Group to help with our efforts
- By law, the Census Bureau must keep your identification information and responses confidential. Learn more from the Census Bureau on this topic:
- The 2020 Census and Confidentiality [Source: U.S. Census Bureau]
- El Censo del 2020 y la Confidencialidad [Source: U.S. Census Bureau]