Court Records and Archives
Online Case Information
The Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County provides on-line case information as a public service. This service is intended to be used as a resource to determine the general status of historical and in-process court cases. The information is not the official record of the court.
The case data available on-line is the electronic docket which contains brief summaries of court documents and court events in a particular case. Currently, the Illinois Supreme Court's Electronic Access Policy for Circuit Court Records of the Illinois Courts (April 1, 2004) prohibits remote access to actual case documents. The electronic information available through this service is not the official record of the court.
The official court records are held and maintained in the hard copy paper files in the courthouse or other official Clerk's repositories. Any and all information contained within the on-line database is recorded as a brief summary from the paper documents with an understanding that the information is true and correct in as far as all aspects of the documents physically filed with the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
Based on the procedures used to update the on-line databases, it may sometimes take a few days before updated information is available in the on-line electronic dockets. If you are looking for information on a very recent court filing or event, please check the Clerk's Public Access Terminals located in the courthouses or try the on-line system later.
Online Case Search is available for:
- Civil, Law, Chancery, and Domestic Relations/Child Support - cases filed in the Civil, Law, Chancery, and Domestic Relations/Child Support divisions
- Probate Docket - cases files in Probate Court related to claims against estates and guardianships
- Proabate Will - related to Wills filed with the County of Cook, Illinois
- Traffic Ticket - tickets and cases related to moving violations, DUI, speeding, and suspended licenses
- County Division - name changes, election matters, real estate tax matters, and other related actions
- Court Call - data related to court cases being heard today and for the next five business days
- Unclaimed Child Support - to see if the Clerk’s Office is holding an undeliverable child support check for you
- Naturalization Declaration of Intention - more than 400,000 records for Declarations of Intention filed by those who wished to become U.S. citizens between 1906-1929
- Mortgage Foreclosure Surplus - list of surplus and equity money from property foreclosures to see if the Clerk’s Office is holding money for you.
Hard Copy Records
If you need hard copies or complete court records for a case, please contact the related Operational Division to obtain the records. Clerk of Court Operational Divisions
You can also find more from the Clerk of Court:
Archive Holdings and Other Court Records
Clerk of Court Archive Holdings: for search of historic court records