Covid 19 Recovery: Job Training and Placement
Looking for a new job or career?
The COVID-19 Recovery Job Training and Placement program offers free services. Give them a call at: 1-800-720-2515.
In collaboration with the Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership, the Cook County COVID-19 Recovery Job Training and Placement Program helps jobseekers and workers impacted by the pandemic get back to work and find new career opportunities. Cook County is investing $4 million to increase the suburban Cook County American Job Center’s resources so they can help address the surge in people who need workforce assistance. Services include:
- Providing job training vouchers to jobseekers and dislocated workers
- Facilitating increased remote training
- Resume creation
- Career pathway exploration
- Job Search Assistance
- Technology to Enable Remote Learning
- Training and layoff services for manufacturing companies
How does this program work?
If you are a jobseeker in suburban Cook County you are eligible for this program. Jobseekers should contact one of the suburban Cook County American Job Centers and schedule an in-person or virtual appointment to connect with a career coach. All services are FREE.
The Cook County COVID-19 Recovery Job Training and Placement agencies are listed below:
- North Suburban Cook County American Job Center (Arlington Heights, IL)
- West Suburban Cook County American Job Center (Maywood, IL)
- Southwest Suburban Cook County American Job Center (North Riverside, IL)
- South Suburban Cook County American Job Center at Prairie State College (Chicago Heights, IL)
- South Suburban Cook County American Job Center (Harvey, IL)
- Manufacturing Renaissance (Chicago, IL)
- Proviso Leyden Council for Community Action (Maywood, IL)
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit here for services or call 1-800-720-2515.